… and our house will be – if not liveable – at least insulated and weather-proof before the first snowflakes are falling! Hopefully… Time is a valuable, unpredictable factor that seems to be working with and against us. Meaning, it allows us to save up a little more money to pay for the house while we would actually love to have everything done already. But things are finally moving along a little faster. The reason why it took so long to frame the house is that the builders had to figure out how to attach the floor and walls to the trailer as well as how to make everything waterproof and sturdy enough for towing. I’m hoping that we have now reached a point where the remaining part of the construction will be their “usual” business, even though the roof will bear another challenge. We had a special request, knowing that we probably would have never been able to build it ourselves (I know, never say never) we’re now using the chance of having professional builders do it for us – a gambrel roof. In the meantime we’re also awaiting the first invoice for labor and material. Then I will know if I have to send Sophie into slavery for the next couple of years (and I will be able to update our costs section on this blog). 😉
Thanks to everyone who keeps following us on our adventure of living tiny – even if it sometimes takes a month or more to post another update! We’re still alive and active, vividly working towards our tiny dream!
Pictures from October 9th
Pictures from October 22nd